Thursday, September 24, 2009

NREMT training

Ok so here is how it goes down here in Ft Sam. Many “Soldier Medics” spend a few weeks in reception awaiting their placement in a regular company to begin their Whiskey training. I was fortunate enough that Reserves and National Guard get priority so I only spent 2 days in reception. Some of my buddies from Ft Benning waited for Charlie Company for 4 weeks. I was assigned to Bravo Company. We were “welcomed” to Bravo with a very good smoking session…better then at BCT. We had a shake down and some more smoking. This was on a Sunday and spent a few more days doing some paper work and getting our equipment.

Mid week we began our classroom NREMT training and I have to say that it was pretty slow, monotonous and its really difficult to stay awake. I manage to maintain an good average and since I passed my APFT I was able to phase and I have been able to have my weekends off since then. Those who did not achieve a minimum of 80% GPA or you will not phase. Achieving this GPA will keep you out of study hall. Passing the APFT is also mandatory to phase. Finally we reached the all skills which is when we had to test on the skills we had learned. This was only a few days before we took the NREMT. I passed all this testing on the first try. I am now an EMT-B and I was able to begin my 68 Whiskey training without having to worry about retesting for our NREMT.

No comments:

Post a Comment